|The Ahilya Bahuuddeshiya Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Latur, India, is a non-profit organisation
which was founded in the year 1999. Today, it is India's leading independent child rights NGO.
as of March 2018, we work in latur city of India. we has changed the lives of more than 5000
children till date. In 2016-17, we reached 154 children. We believe that every child deserves the
best chance for a bright future and that’s why we are fiercely committed towards ensuring that
children not only survive, but thrive. We run programmes in the in Latur City to provide quality
Vocational education and healthcare, protection from harm and abuse and life-saving aid during
emergencies to children. We works to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children living
Every child deserves the best chance for a bright future and that’s why we are fiercely committed
to ensuring children not only survive, but thrive. Bold in our ambition and powerful in our care,
we do whatever it takes to save the world’s children.
Why We Should Care?
• 13,40,000 children below 5 die in a year, that is 3,671 under 5 child deaths per day.
• Nearly half of all child deaths under 5 in India are attributed to undernutrition
• 1 in every 11 children in India is working, when they should be at school
• More than half (56%) of the under 5 deaths occur within the first 28 days of life, we work to prevent these lives
• India accounts for more than 3 out of 10 stunted children in the world
• 47% of the women in India are married when they are a child (before the age of 18), and 30% bear a child when they are a child (adolescent mothers)
• 7.7 million children and adolescents are out of school in India, this is 14% of world's population of children out of school
• 49.5 of grade 5 children cannot do subtraction and 55% of grade 8 children cannot solve 3 digits by 1 digit division problem; 51.9%of grade 5 children cannot read grade 2 English and; 25.4% children of grade 8 cannot read grade 2 text
Collected DonationsRs. 7,000
56 children enrolled into schools.
13 children were rescued from the clutches of child labour and 22 children were prevented from being trafficked